Chemo Wigs | Disc | Hair Power
Disc Hair Power by Ellen Wille is an ultra-modern, short style. The wig features a long sleek fringe that partially covers the face, carrying an air of enigma. Additionally, the strands exquisitely hug the nape of the neck, highlighting the product’s undeniable trendiness. Lastly, this style is sure to make heads turn! Browse our large collection of wigs especially designed for women undergoing chemo.
Wig Cap Construction: Monofilament Parting + Wefted
Wefted + Mono parting
This cap construction is made on a wefted wig which is the most basic cap construction on the market as it is made from wefts of hair sewn to each other by machine. Additionally, a mono parting features a small mono piece located along the top that has been hand tied and produces natural looking hair growth from a realistic parting. Ellen Wille wigs come in many rooted colours, which create a natural look and make the wefts undetectable. Furthermore, we highly recommend purchasing a wig cap to wear underneath this cap for this style of wigs.
Wig Type: Synthetic Hair
Synthetic hair (also known as fibre hair) has numerous advantages. It features a very natural looking appearance and brings the possibility of a wider choice of colours. Ellen Wille, in particular, are recognised for their impressive choice of colours which include beautiful highlights, ombre and rooted colours. Additionally, synthetic hair is considered more economic than human hair. Furthermore, wigs made from synthetic hair bundles have a special ability of being able to retain their style as the fibre has a memory which means after washing and drying, it gains its original shape and style of wig back. Therefore, they are easier to look after.
Wig Cap Size: Average
This wig size usually fits most people and is for an average sized head which is usually between 54 to 57cm (21.25/22.5 inches) The wig also has adjusters at the back which means you could adjust and make the size slightly smaller or bigger for extra comfort and better fit.
Shipping & Return
• Duration: Wigs will be sent between 7-10 working days, we will inform you if we anticipate this taking any longer.
• We ship internationally: (USA, Canada, Australia, Europe etc.)
• Returns are accepted: up to 14 days after shipping of the wigs.
• We do not accept: damaged wigs, styled wigs, or wigs containing product, perfume or cigarette smell.
How To Care For Your Wig
It is imperative that the correct products are used to ensure your wigs are kept in the best possible condition, due to the amount of treatment and chemical processes wigs go through.
Therefore, we highly recommend using Ellen Wille hair care set, designed specifically for human hair and synthetic haired wigs. In the long run, it will be a cost-efficient investment as doing so increases the life span of wigs and their durability. Additionally, it helps wigs retain their radiant shine and softness!
• We recommend using a wig brush
• It’s best to avoid using a regular brush
• Synthetic hair wigs should avoid heat, e.g. hair dryer, straighteners. Note that a steamer can be used as this relaxes the fibres.
• We recommend using a wig saver which is a stand to dry your wig on. Particularly for a long-haired wig this will minimise the risk of the fibres becoming tangled. Additionally, a major benefit of the wig saver is that it helps wigs retain their shape.
• When washing hand tied wigs, ensure that the wig cap doesn’t become wet
• Be gentle when brushing human hair wigs as applying too much pressure will pull the strands out
• If you wish to have a complete restyling, consider visiting a wig salon where they specialise in cutting and styling wigs.
Washing synthetic and human hair wigs
The frequency of washing your wig solely depends on the amount of acidity produced, perspiration and the frequency of use
1. Use a palmful of shampoo, in lukewarm water gently wash your wig, taking care not to scrub the fibres
2. Take the wig out the water and rinse with lukewarm water
3. Use a palmful of conditioner and lather
4. Additionally, balms can be used for 5-10 mins to relax the fibres and prevent frizziness occurring
5. Gently dry so as not to damage the fibres, or simply leave on the wig saver
6. Ensure you wait for the fibres to be completely dry before styling
How To Wear Your Wig
There are various steps we recommend following when wearing your wig:
1. We highly recommend wearing a wig cap before trying on your wig
2. Open the wig in front of you, ensuring it is facing the right way around, please note that the back generally has a label
3. Put your head inside the wig and adjust the wig’s positioning by holding the ear tabs or the back of the wig
4. If it’s a lace front wig, ensure not to tug the front due to its fragility and ease of breakage. Therefore, it is better to adjust using the ear tabs
5. The wig’s ear tabs should not cover the ears
6. Ensure the front is not too high or too low, and that it is sitting comfortably. A useful technique to find the start of your hairline is by placing four fingers above the eyebrows, the positioning of the wig should be above this point
7. When the wig fits snugly, its size can be adjusted using the Velcro, hooks and adjusters provided
8. Watch our tutorial videos for a helpful demonstration in our video section
9. Happy wig wearing!
VAT Exemption when Purchasing Wigs
Those purchasing wigs for medical reasons (suffering from alopecia or undergoing chemotherapy) are entitled to VAT 20% off for each wig purchase in the UK.
· The person eligible must be the individual making the purchase.
· Please note that VAT exemption only applies to wigs and does not apply to headwear and accessories. Checking eligibility can be carried out by contacting 0300 123 1073 or following the HMRC website link https://www.gov.uk/guidance/reliefs-from-vat-for-disabled-and-older-people-notice-7017
· If you are eligible for VAT exemption then please enter the code: VATEXEMPT at the checkout.
· The VAT declaration must be made when placing your order and must be completed before any wigs are dispatched